quickdraw

Epoxy Topcoat I Use

That is pretty much the same warning that you see on d2t,which is what almost everyone uses to glue in lips, screw eyes, etc. I use both d2t and ex74 with ventilation.

I was simply offering my experience and opinion on the idea of spending time and money to build a lure only to topcoat it with a product whose label tells you that it's going to yellow.

As others have told you, if you're happy with the stuff, then by all means go for it.

Yeah I know, you said the same thing was said about 15 posts ago. I'm not the one concerned about it's UV rating, it seems to be others here. It's curious why everyone is so concerned about this topcoat not being UV stabilized where most others proclaimed to be good here are also not UV stabilized. Most don't say one way or the other which means that they aren't. This comany said it will yellow over time in respect to using it as a concrete sealer where it's in the sun everyday, all day. I could hang a bait outside for a month or so but it wouldn't matter because this seems to be the topic now, not a good topcoat without the problems most others are having. I'll revive this thread in a few years, maybe.

Sorry just trying to help out........................

Sorry just trying to help out........................

No problem, I'm sorry about my tone. I did take a plug and hang it outside yesterday to put it through a UV nightmare. We have a UV rating of 10 everday here so it shouldn't take long to see what is going to happen. I put a piece of tape over 1 area to get an area that shouldn't change. I would guess a week in direct sunlight, 12-14 hours a day without any water to filter the rays should equal close to a years use. I'll check it every week or so and if it is slow yellowing I may give it a month.

Edited by quickdraw