bluetickhound

Lure 001 Nabs Its First Victim!

Awesomesauce!! You'll always remember your first, just wait it only gets better! No feelin on earth better than watching your co or another boat throwin store bought lures the "same" as yours and you're whackin em and they can't buy a bite! Congrats!!

Edited by Mindhunter

Thanks guys!! I'm seriously thinking of retiring 001 now... I'd hate to lose it!! 002, 003 and 004 are very close to completion and #'s 005 thru 011 are in various stages of completion. 003 is going to a friend this Friday for a Florida fishing trip. I can't wait to see if it'll net him a fish or two!!

You're on a roll!!!

My first lure was a replacement for a Pupfish I'd borrowed and broken. I gave it to my fishing partner to replace his "treasure".

Once I figured out how to make them, I just tweaked them until they worked, and fished them until they either died, or were taken by a fish that broke me off.

I don't really value the lures I make that much.

But the knowledge I gained in making them is priceless.

And making them is fun.

Thanks Y'all! Im having a blast and so far, every lure i've made has:

A) been a learning experience that has made each lure better than the one before it and (more importantly!!)

B) has caught fish!!

Welcome to the club!

What Tater Hog said...

Except I've definitely made things that haven't caught fish, but at least the first part!