camrynekai

How Much Would Be Too Much

If you could buy a Senko pouring machine that truly gave the perfect blend of salt and plastic from the first bait to the very last, could pour 50 5" Sticks per fill up, could mix and pour up to 50% salt to plastic ratio, digital temp control, can pump out a perfect 5" Stick every 5 seconds and has virtually zero waste...what would you be willing to pay?

not much only because there are so many people making senkos and they are already so cheap and inexpensive to make. and with my 12 5 cavity molds it doesnt take long to make a table full of them and we dont have any waste either. i noticed your micro munch banner i like defronzo alot!! makes killer tubes

• Like 1

I think if you'd clear up a few things you might get more of an answer to what you're looking for. You use the terms pour and pump out, it's confusing, are you talking about open pour molds or injected molds? What is the actual amount of plastisol the machine will hold in ounces? Are you talking single, two or three color? Also will it work with multi-cavity molds or single cavity molds? Also you said it turns out baits every 5 seconds, that's just not a feasible time for a quality bait. How much time is involved in the injection and how much time is involved in the cooling? 5 seconds is just not enough time for a decent size stick bait. It's confusing, do you mean you can fill the cavity in 5 seconds or do you have a ready to demold bait in 5 seconds? A little bit of clarification will help you get more responses to your post.

Sounds to me you have or make a machine that does just what you are talking about. Why dont you let us in on the reason this info is so important. As long it is OK to plug your own product, if it is not then sorry I asked. Frank

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

not much only because there are so many people making senkos and they are already so cheap and inexpensive to make. and with my 12 5 cavity molds it doesnt take long to make a table full of them and we dont have any waste either. i noticed your micro munch banner i like defronzo alot!! makes killer tubes

Craig and I are buddies going back many years...his tubes rock! but i'm real fond of his ElGordo tube.

I think if you'd clear up a few things you might get more of an answer to what you're looking for. You use the terms pour and pump out, it's confusing, are you talking about open pour molds or injected molds? What is the actual amount of plastisol the machine will hold in ounces? Are you talking single, two or three color? Also will it work with multi-cavity molds or single cavity molds? Also you said it turns out baits every 5 seconds, that's just not a feasible time for a quality bait. How much time is involved in the injection and how much time is involved in the cooling? 5 seconds is just not enough time for a decent size stick bait. It's confusing, do you mean you can fill the cavity in 5 seconds or do you have a ready to demold bait in 5 seconds? A little bit of clarification will help you get more responses to your post.

Its for open pour molds only (gravity feed) single color I guess my slang was confusing when I say pump out a 5" bait every 5 seconds...so it would be pour a 5 inch bait every 5 seconds. The machine will hold 2.5 cups of material. Didn't think clarification was needed when it came to cooling of baits and so on....was just touching base on pouring.

Sounds to me you have or make a machine that does just what you are talking about. Why dont you let us in on the reason this info is so important. As long it is OK to plug your own product, if it is not then sorry I asked. Frank

Yes, I have a machine that does what I have listed above. I am trying to justify the costs associated in getting this to market...but if there is no real market then I will continue to keep it all to myself. Some people will settle for what they feel is a good enough Stick bait...NOT this kid. I have been working on this project since 1995 and about a year ago I finished 2 working proto types, This is NOT even close to the DIY style stirrers (Presto Pot) this is truly a plastic mixer and not a stirrer. I am not trying to compete with injection machines but am trying to market an affordable way for small-mid sized businesses to be able to put out a decent and consistent stick without dropping $20K on an injection set up. Edited by camrynekai

can pump out a perfect 5" Stick every 5 seconds and has virtually zero waste...what would you be willing to pay?

Everyone on here does understand about cooling, but how do you know the bait is perfect unless you demold it? So, it kind of sounded like that you had a machine that could make a ready to go stick bait every 5 seconds, and I'm definitely not being critical here, just trying to help you out. 5 seconds to fill a single cavity is just not that fast. But to give you an answer to your question, I think everyone on here would want to pay as little as possible. lol :lol:

Now if you do have a machine that makes a ready to go stick bait every 5 seconds I think a lot of people would be interested in it. It would enable you to keep up with the competition.

Edited by carolinamike

Well, I dont think I would pay anything to be honest. We can already buy bears complete presto system which will mix up salt perfectly and give perfect pours every time (as long as you do YOUR part). It holds more than 2.5 cups of plastic, and will allow you to pour a full stick at the same rate as your machine.

Plus for someone to buy a machine they would have to be a pretty big lure company, and 2.5 cups will not do it. Most guys that run machines (the smaller ones, and 2 color injection systems) turn out 1-5 gal batches at a time.

It just wouldnt be worth the money when you could buy a full presto system and an injector and inject 5 baits every second.

Sounds like this machine would have rocked 5-7 years ago.

Would like to hear more about it. The idea of the mixer and not a stirring rig is one thing I like about the idea. Some views expressed here dont even deserve a responce. I dont live my life like this is as good as it gets. There is always room for new fresh ideas. Frank

• Like 1

Would like to hear more about it. The idea of the mixer and not a stirring rig is one thing I like about the idea. Some views expressed here dont even deserve a responce. I dont live my life like this is as good as it gets. There is always room for new fresh ideas. Frank

Thank you Frank.. I have seen more then my fair share of hand made sticks and contraptions to mix the material and to brutally honest, most baits/mixers are not worth my time. I have used the presto pot system and sorry but I will put my home up that my machine will way out perform it in every way other then the size of the batch. My mixing system is a 4 stage penta design so it literally will pump up to a 50% mix from the bottom and place it on top and with the digital temp control, dented baits, curled glitter and burnt plastic days are over not to mention solid color and salt content from start to finish.

\Its for open pour molds only (gravity feed) single color I guess my slang was confusing when I say pump out a 5" bait every 5 seconds...so it would be pour a 5 inch bait every 5 seconds. The machine will hold 2.5 cups of material. Didn't think clarification was needed when it came to cooling of baits and so on....was just touching base on pouring.

OK. This confused me.

...Bill

before there were 2 pc open pour molds available we probably made a gazillion in 1 pc rtv molds we made ourselves and believe it or not they caught fish as well...LOL these were the original type open pour molds

Edited by powerworm

before there were 2 pc open pour molds available we probably made a gazillion in 1 pc rtv molds we made ourselves and believe it or not they caught fish as well...LOL these were the original type open pour molds

I remember buying them back in the day. They did catch fish as well

Yeah I've built my whole business on flat open pour silicone and POP molds. Lurecraft used to make a smaller stick bait that just had a very tiny slit going through the mold to pour through. It was a very good mold and made a great 3/4 round bait. All of my private label big molds were modeled after these types of baits. There were very very few 2 piece molds available before David Alexander (Bear's Baits) standardized hand injection. The old open pour molds made baits that caught a lot of fish and it was easier for people to tell it was a hand crafted product because of the flat side.

Top pour 2pc alum molds.

It can be used for single sided aluminum/silicone molds or 2 sided top pour molds. From the responses so far, I think I will keep it to my self. I thought that having a precision stick bait system that all you had to do was plug it in, add plastic, salt, glitter, color, flip a switch and easily pour 500 5" precision sticks an hour with virtually zero waste and was affordable, was a great idea....

What was your idea of "too much"? Hard to decide without a $ figure and honestly without seeing it in action.

The unit, a 9" base with an adjustable fence was going to be priced at approximately $600...I would need to sell at least 300 units to break even on my investment and from all the warmth on this thread I just dont think I will take the risk. Sorry on the video...that will not happen, I have spent many, many years perfecting a mixing system and a valving unit and to place a video of it for someone else to copy my work is not going to happen...hope ya understand.

The unit, a 9" base with an adjustable fence was going to be priced at approximately $600...I would need to sell at least 300 units to break even on my investment and from all the warmth on this thread I just dont think I will take the risk. Sorry on the video...that will not happen, I have spent many, many years perfecting a mixing system and a valving unit and to place a video of it for someone else to copy my work is not going to happen...hope ya understand.

I can respect not showing a video if it will reveal your secrets. 300 units does seem like a lot to break even and risk your money with most guys somewhat happy with their current system