Musky Glenn

Proper Glue For Rubber Bands

Clean the wheel real well of dust and use Wood/Rubber/Plastic CA glue, available in thick, thinner, thin mix. I'd use the thick and put a bead around the wheel then lay the rubber down on it. It will never come off again and will hold nicely compared to contact cement.

I use this stuff everywhere in the shop on a daily basis, get a spray bottle of accelerator too. You will love this stuff.

Mark,

I had to do something so I thought I would give it a try. I didn't expect it last long so I went and bought new urethane tires. The urethane tires are still in their original package. I've not had to use them yet. As a rule my bandsaw get turned on at least once every day.

Gene

Thanks.

My tires are more than 20 years old. I noticed the last time I changed the blade that they are showing age cracks. I'm sure I'll have to replace them sooner or later.

It's good to know I have repair options.

Mark,

You might want to look into replacing your tires with urethane ones. There are supposed to last longer and require no glue to install.

Gene

Mark,

Woodcraft has them. Here is a link for your size: http://www.woodcraft.com/product/2004896/7285/carter-urethane-tire-for-16-band-saw-112-wide.aspx

You can probably find them at other places but Woodcraft is where I bought mine. I've bought most of my woodcarving tools from them and have had a great business association with them.

Gene