Mayberry_Customs

Video Of Small Lure Making Factory

Cast is by far not a small company. They do a lot of stuff for major manufacturers. Cast actually bought out lurepartsonline.com a couple years ago and use it as a retail front for much of their stuff.

The company Cast bought out was Stamina, and actually I'm glad they did, when you placed an order with Stamina it would take 2 weeks until it arrived and when it did you would usually have at least one item that was backordered. Right now they do a really nice job with not only getting new stuff in and having it in stock but also the customer service, top notch.

No problem, its amazing how you can search for hours for something you want and cant find it. Then when your looking at something totally irrelevant there it is! Ya i guess it's not small at all for a fishing tackle manufacturer, certainly much much larger then my "plant" (a small shed like building lol) ...I have worked in a very large manufacturing plant that makes pieces for air compressors so i guess i was comparing it to that...Anyways ya looks like they have quite the setup, i especially like the homemade track that the jigs were being hung on to be passed through the heat lamps, pretty neat.

do a search on tekcast industries and you will find the silicone there. They come in discs, 1/4" thick by a diameter of either 9" or 12". Normally it takes 2 discs for the bottom and 2 for the top/lid. The disc are the consistency of clay. After you layout your mold, you put it in a vulcanize frame and then put in a vulcanizer to cure the silicone. This puts it under 3000psi and cooks at 340F for a little over an hour then it has to cool for a couple of hours. then you are ready to go.