Frank

Fresh From Icast

Here is a look at the Lureworks Machine. It is programable with a touch screen or buttons if your hands are dirty. He is pouring baits at the show and changing things in a jiffy right there. One color,laminates, core shots, swirls and anything in between. The price is just below 15g's but it is a real impressive looking machine. Don said it was alright to post it as it has been released now. Look for updates on there website soon. The pretty Woman in the picture is Katie, she will be heading up the website dutys. No kitchen eguipment here is there. Frank

File Photo injection machine.jpg

post-19876-0-29347300-1342055539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Frank
  • Like 1

Yea I check it out today at Icast and it was very impressive but I but most of you guys can pour/inject molds faster once the plastic is heated. The good news it takes two 5 gallon bucket at a time and feeds the plastic cold. The bad news 15,000 give or take depending on options, and also you have to use zorn or bass tackle molds. They guy I spoke with said they were working on a small unit but they scratched that idea because that's not what the people wanted, but maybe down the road.

It sucks the machine will not work with any of the molds already made by BT, Zorn, or Bear. I have over 15k in molds and to start all over again with molds and buy that machine sucks.

I enjoyed meeting Don first hand and the machine really works nice and will even work well with regrids from your spent spruces. It also has cooling block to cool your mold while shooting it also. They didn't have that hooked up at the Icast. Don got it to shooting pretty good swirls using the pulse timer and playing with the air pressure.

There is always going to be constant improvement and innovation in this business. Think of all the hand pourers who either had to close shop or switch over to hand injection. Not much different in this case. Good thing is, and I'll never understand why, you can get close to full price for used aluminum molds.