Tag

Where To Find Rtv?

Where are you looking at Hobby Lobby? I think you'll find it where the modeling clay and acrylic resins are... Thats the aisle where i get my ACC and iirc there is a two part mold making kit right next to it... ACC, if you are unfamiliar, is Amazing Clear Cast, a product i have been experimenting with as a topcoat. So far it has been a really good alternative to D2T. There is a thread about it in this forum.

Yea, ive seen the 2 part silicone clay stuff and that seems to be all anyone carries. I like the pourable, it seems like ive gotten better molds with it. How do you like the ACC, I have a ton left over from a failed attemp at making my own lips. I use Etex right after I glue my 2 parts together that way it cuts down on my sanding time. Its a bummer when you throw down a base coat only to find sanding marks. I wonder if the ACC would work for that purpose

I love the ACC for making my lure eyes and to be honest with you, i really like it as a topcoat. I have been hesitant to really go ahead and advise folks to use it as i sure don't want to recommend a product that i have only been testing for a couple of months but i'm about ready to go out on that limb. It hasn't let me down at all and i actually like it over D2T. Speaking of topcoats, I just got some Dick Nite S81 yesterday but its been raining around here and I'm afraid to open the can!!