quickdraw

So What Is The Silver Bullet Of Clear Coats?

I just ordered some Target EM9300. I'm still skeptical about it as a Topcoat but it is worth the price to check it out. Either way I can still use it as a basecoat sealer if nothing else. My current sealer is a 2 part epoxy and it would be nice to be able to use a 1 part waterbased sealer. when I get it I'll seal a piece of basswood, cure it and throw it in the pool for a few days.

The big3 of topcoats are the big 3 for a lot of goog reasons. A lot of trade offs are involved in lure building...and a lot of variables. It is somewhat tough to compare notes without eliminating most of the variables.

How is it being applied? Which paint is it being put over? How long between coats? 8hours or 8 days? Fisheyes a problem? Mostly with water based paints ot urethanes?

On it goes. Lol, come back in a year and the question pops up again.

And what we've found is that the choice of a topcoat is purely subjective. My first post was pretty much right on target. Most aren't UV stable and the one's that are have other drawbacks. It's just a matter what each of us will put up with based on our needs.

I have been making lures through the trial and error process for about three months now. Based on a post on this site I bought ACC. I made one batch of lures with it and the results were great. Also the instructions that came with the pack say that " UV Inhibitors have been added to the ACC." Does that mean that the ACC can still yellow?