Well I have now made three hollow bodied hound lures, just trying to reduce weight. This last one shows more promise than the first two did. I took it to the lake a couple of days ago and my weight was to high so the lure wanted to lay on its side part of the time. Even with this problem some of the time it would right itself. When it did stand up it would walk back and forth just like it should. I came home and tore the weight out that was up high and layed it out along the bottom of the lure. How nice it is to have access through the top of the lure. The biggest thing that I did to this lure to get some action out of it was to make the bottom thicker so that I had more room up the sides to get a bigger radius on the bottom.