ravenlures

Turning Wood Lures

Just wondering when turning down a lure, what tolerance do you hold on the dia.. I try to keep them within .010 to .015 but sometimes the wood is a little softer and it gets a little smaller. I just put them on the side, and group them together. I am turning down Soft Maple.

Wayne

Thanks Mark

Since these lures are musky lures in the 7" X 1 3/8" I feel that I have some leway or the smaller the lure the closer the size. Thanks for your input, always helpful. I do most of the sanding on the lathe and finish up with wood filler and sand if needed.

Thanks

Wayne

• Like 1

Thanks Mark

Since these lures are musky lures in the 7" X 1 3/8" I feel that I have some leway or the smaller the lure the closer the size. Thanks for your input, always helpful. I do most of the sanding on the lathe and finish up with wood filler and sand if needed.

Thanks

Wayne

Sounds like you've got it figured out!

Good luck.

I am not woried about the final finish I put 2 - 3 coats E-Tex what I end up with is what I end up with. I just want to know what the other fellows are doing for size tolerance. I will be turning down 50 lures this week and just was wondering, I seem to be staying within .020. Sanding wood is sometimes a little ife even soft maple is sometimes softer than another. So I guess I will be doing it the way I am doing it, Thanks guyes for your input always appreciated.

Now I know I am going to get a lot of responses but I would like a few avid Musky fishermen to send a lure or two to test and to give me your opinon and any picture you may get with my lure. You can keep the lures. I had one fellow fish the lake of the woods in MN last week he got a 47 incher the first day, hes on his way home now hope to here more from him. I will be going out next month to fish.

Thanks

Wayne