Marc David

Pop Max Kos And Using Dn

10 posts in this topic

Does anyone know of a source with the Megabass Pop Max knock offs in stock?

Also, a question on clear coating a clear lure. I'm going to order some Dick Nites and I don't have any direct experience with it. I'll just be dusting the lures with a rattle can pearl flake, not painting them. I want the baits to be pretty clear and shimmer. Will DN turn the lures clearer once applied?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If your lure is an opaque or transluscent body with a dull finish DN will shine 'em up but i don't know if it will make 'em significantly (if at all) clearer...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marc David - what is the base structure?

Like bluetickhound said, if it is translucent or opaque material, our Top-Coat will not change that. If it is clear, then it will stay clear and the Top-Coat will put a shiny finish over the pearl.

The only time I have seen our Top-Coat make anything clearer is when the body started out clear, but it was dulled by wear. Then it fills in the tiny scratches and makes it clear again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

X2 what Dick says. When I paint knockoffs I dip the whole bait including the lip in DN because it fills in all those tiny scratches and makes the lip much more transparent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks BobP, that's what I was looking for. I don't intend on painting them. More so had the hopes that the DN would make the plastic even clearer.

dicknite, they would be the blanks as pictured below. I really appreciate your response. I'll be placing an order shortly for some clear coat.

dsc01318_wltt_iv55.jpg

Edited by Marc David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks BobP, that's what I was looking for. I don't intend on painting them. More so had the hopes that the DN would make the plastic even clearer.

dicknite, they would be the blanks as pictured below. I really appreciate your response. I'll be placing an order shortly for some clear coat.

dsc01318_wltt_iv55.jpg

Those lures work great in a bone color.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

dakotalakestackle.com said he should have some similar in a few weeks, i would love some my self, as for clear coat i use automotive 2 part 4 to 1 shopline jc 60 by ppg,,,,,its awesome, you can use fast hardner or slow hardner and even spot repair it if you scratch them up on something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know of a source with the Megabass Pop Max knock offs in stock?

Also, a question on clear coating a clear lure. I'm going to order some Dick Nites and I don't have any direct experience with it. I'll just be dusting the lures with a rattle can pearl flake, not painting them. I want the baits to be pretty clear and shimmer. Will DN turn the lures clearer once applied?

Marc, have you tried Jim at www.predatorbassbaits.com?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks again guys.

Mark, 90% of my topwaters are in Bone. The other 10% rarely are used lol.

Salt, I did. He has more on order. I'll keep an eye on Dakota until then and see whet theirs look like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Marc,

That's funny. I've painted a bunch of different schemes on those poppers, but the bone gets bit way more than the others.

The other more successful scheme is silver Sally Hansen nail polish over the clear bait, which results in a see-thru effect when you hold it up to the light.

I color both the mouth and the gill openings red on both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now