YakAngler81

Pop Max Kos And Using Dn

Does anyone know of a source with the Megabass Pop Max knock offs in stock?

Also, a question on clear coating a clear lure. I'm going to order some Dick Nites and I don't have any direct experience with it. I'll just be dusting the lures with a rattle can pearl flake, not painting them. I want the baits to be pretty clear and shimmer. Will DN turn the lures clearer once applied?

Marc David - what is the base structure?

Like bluetickhound said, if it is translucent or opaque material, our Top-Coat will not change that. If it is clear, then it will stay clear and the Top-Coat will put a shiny finish over the pearl.

The only time I have seen our Top-Coat make anything clearer is when the body started out clear, but it was dulled by wear. Then it fills in the tiny scratches and makes it clear again.

Thanks BobP, that's what I was looking for. I don't intend on painting them. More so had the hopes that the DN would make the plastic even clearer.

dicknite, they would be the blanks as pictured below. I really appreciate your response. I'll be placing an order shortly for some clear coat.

dsc01318_wltt_iv55.jpg

Those lures work great in a bone color.

Does anyone know of a source with the Megabass Pop Max knock offs in stock?

Also, a question on clear coating a clear lure. I'm going to order some Dick Nites and I don't have any direct experience with it. I'll just be dusting the lures with a rattle can pearl flake, not painting them. I want the baits to be pretty clear and shimmer. Will DN turn the lures clearer once applied?

Marc, have you tried Jim at www.predatorbassbaits.com?

Marc,

That's funny. I've painted a bunch of different schemes on those poppers, but the bone gets bit way more than the others.

The other more successful scheme is silver Sally Hansen nail polish over the clear bait, which results in a see-thru effect when you hold it up to the light.

I color both the mouth and the gill openings red on both.