frithy

Lakeland Vs Worth Swivels

I've been using Worth swivels since 2003 or 2004, they are, in my opinion, the best swivel in both price and pervformance on the market. I had made spinnerbaits using both Sampo and Worth swivels and have used them in side by side comparisons and it is too close to tell performance wise which is better of the two but price wise Worth wins hands down. I have no experience with Lakeland but I can tell you once you use a Worth swivel you won't want to use anything else.

My take on Worth swivels is that they are a great product with one exception.

I am having trouble with the split rings on these swivels. They are too light for

the size 4 willowleaf blades that I use on 3/4 oz spinnerbaits. I find that after

using them for a few hours either the blade and swivel will detach from the frame

or the blade will detach from the swivel. I am very careful with closing the bend

on the wire frame and know that not to be the problem. Otherwise, I like everything

about these swivels including the price compared to Sampo's. Have no experience

with Lakeland's.

Thanks guys.

The swivels I've been using are from LPO, do you know which manufacturer these are, or do LPO make their own.

Looks like I will go with Worth swivels at this point based on your advice.

LPO sells both imported and Worth, if you go to the home page and look under terminal tackle-snapa and swivels, you'll see ball bearing swivels ans spinnerbait swivels. The ball bearing swivels are imported and the spinnerbait swivels are made by Worth, the description even tells you that they are Worth swivels. The size #2 swivel is all I use for spinnerbaits from 1/4oz up to 3/4oz, I've tried the cheaper imports and they work well for a bit and either get lousy or fail, everyone I tried went bad but the Worth swivels in all the years I've used them I have never had a failure or even a split ring problem. So if you are getting them from LPO remember, they sell both kinds.

Guest Gangel

I was under the impression that worth didn't actually make their swivels anymore? I like to hear people deal with Worth, I'm just down the road from them. What are the minimums they are making you buy now?

I'm having the same problem as you Tapupa. Sometimes the blade/swivel other times I come back with a swivel but no blade or splitring. I'm using LPO spinnerbait swivels. I'm not losing to many willows but the size 6- 8 deep cup colorado for night baits are the problem for me. Anybody have any ideas?

I'm having the same problem as you Tapupa. Sometimes the blade/swivel other times I come back with a swivel but no blade or splitring. I'm using LPO spinnerbait swivels. I'm not losing to many willows but the size 6- 8 deep cup colorado for night baits are the problem for me. Anybody have any ideas?

The only thing I can say is get them from Barlows, buy the size #2 spinnerbait swivels (Worth) and get them without split rings and then buy the split rings seperate, and yes, Barlows sells the split ring that is designed for the swivel. The reason I say that is I usually buy direct from Worth but when I need a hundred or so quick I'll go and buy them from Barlows like that and all of the short arm/big colorado blade baits I've made with them and I never had a single issue and neither has anyone who got those kinds of spinnerbaits from me. Maybe there is a batch of bad split rings in the mix but I never experienced that.