toadfrog

Another Nutty Idea

A fellow approached me about a problem he was having with some of his tackle . When he had it made the eyes and shad dots were never even close to the same spot from lure to lure . So I set about turning my wacky brain to a cure . After some chanting and deep meditation assisted by a beer . I came up with this . From god knows where I had a sheet of .010 aluminum laying around the shop . I folded it located where the eyes should go and then took a paper hole punch and popped out the locator holes . Then I had a couple pieces or soft rubber I use for various tasks around the shop . I placed the lure in the foil laid a block of rubber under and over this set up . Put it in the press and the resulting template was a success . No more miss aligned eyes . Hear it tis .ANOTHER NUTTY IDEA Template.jpg

ANOTHER NUTTY IDEA Template.jpg

post-23230-0-30064900-1344107266_thumb.jpg

The pic does not show it but that is a folded template slide the lure in pinch it together .You can eye both sides at once . The guy I did this for was completely happy with the result . If one of you thinks of a way to take this to another level Post up . I love it when I can get someone to think outside the box.