Juice780

Where To By Smith Wildlife Paint

http://www.mckenzies...lors-C2020.aspx

It's hard to understand who owns whom in the paint business. I usually buy paint from WASCO but couldn't find Smith Wildlife paint in their current online site - but I did find the above. Apparently, they now own WASCO. Mckenzies is located in Granite Quarry, so maybe you could even drop by there! Hope this helps.

Edited by BobP

I prefer the Smith Wildlife paints because of the color palette. However, Polytranspar also makes a great basecoat white called "Superhide White" - it's heavily pigmented and dries super fast to a hard shiny coat. The best I've tried - I buy the stuff by the pint!

Taxidermy paint can be a crap shoot. There is more variability among brands and you are more likely to get differences between batches of the same paint, unlike Createx which is very consistent in formulation (which is why it is the standard). The upside is you can find colors that Createx will never offer. One of my favorites is Smith Wildlife Pearl Chrome. Overshoot it on a paint scheme to mute the colors and give the bait an overall "baitfish sheen". It has small chrome flakes that require a .3mm or larger airbrush tip to shoot.