solarfall

Fusible Film As Lure Material Has Anyone Used It Before?

hey guys i really have not been horribly active in the forum section here but i though some of you guys might be interested in this new great looking material that i discovered its called fusible film and what it basically is a very fine thin plastic wrapping material that gals use in there craft stuff to make angel wings and stuff of that nature.

i think it looks absolutely brilliant on lures too. it can be a bit troublesome tough cos you have to wrap the lure with it and use something to clip the wrapping material to the bait and make sure its very tight around the bait then you just take a heat gun and "fuse" the material to the lure and make it follow the contours of the bait and at the same time it even outs most of the wrinkles. it takes few tries to get a hang of it at first.

heres a bait i tested it on.

IMG_2497.JPGIMG_2465.JPG

Edited by solarfall
  • Like 1

This is basf material stuck over a couple of finished lures just to show effect. Same stuff as the Angelina material. Did this just with a lighter. The blue white lure was done as two pieces wrapped, the joint is about 1" in if you can see it.

fuse.jpg

Also as an fyi, they make this same stuff in a shrink wrap also...