Roughneck1860

I'm Painting Some Old Pikies......need Help.

I have a bunch of old Pikie Minnows for the 40's and 50's that I've striped down and am ready to repaint. I've done a lot of painting on plastic with laquer but not too much on wood. I'm trying to find out the best way to go for primer and clear coat. I''ll be using acrylic paint. I'd also like to stick with a one part clear as sometimes I only have the time to paint one bait and mixing clear for that can be a pain in the ass and a waste.

Thanks

Tim

Personally I just use AA sealer white over clean sealed wood. 2 coats and u r good to go!

I have tried the automotive primer in a rattle can from walmart and it works good too. its thick stuff and will fill a little for you. draw back is its like $5 a can so i dont use it often unless i have a bait that I want to cover an old paint scheme or something. But if I sand it all the way down and have a good sealed clean bait then I just go with the AA sealer white.