Sign in to follow this  
sallystrothers

A Good Field Repair Epoxy

3 posts in this topic

I have found solarez UV cure epoxy to be very useful for any tooth punctures or other repairs on hardbaits in the field. It is most often used for repairing surf boards. They also sell a UV light that will cure the stuff in 20 seconds, otherwise it cures in 5 minutes in the sun. No mixing either!

mark poulson    1,702

Sallystrothers,

One of my kids uses that, or something similar, for surfboard repairs.

When he was down here from Santa Cruz, I filled and shaped his bigger, into the foam dings with bondo, and then he topcoated them with that kind of product.

He says the patches are still holding, and that was 9 months ago, so it sounds like it would work for baits, too.

Sallystrothers,

One of my kids uses that, or something similar, for surfboard repairs.

When he was down here from Santa Cruz, I filled and shaped his bigger, into the foam dings with bondo, and then he topcoated them with that kind of product.

He says the patches are still holding, and that was 9 months ago, so it sounds like it would work for baits, too.

I was watching some videos of one manufacturer, looks like lots of people use it for fly tying with the UV lamp because it cures in 15 seconds.

I keep some handy and a couple times a season will either scrape badly across a rock or will get teeth punctures.