bassguy

Here's A Tip!

12 posts in this topic

I found out something the other day. Mixing up my D2T in one of those Glad food storage containers. I cut the container down to about 1/2", and mixed up my D2T enough to do one bait. When I finished up I set it aside and this afternoon, I peeled out the remainder and took a little acetone to remove the rest. The acetone doesn't hurt the plastic and I don't have to search around for something else to mix the epoxy in. I'm going to snatch another from the kitchen and use it when mixing paint for brush highlights. Just thought I'd share.

Edited by bassguy

ive also used the small communion cups sicne early on for mixing paint as well as when i used epoxy as a clear coat - they are transparent so i get a good look at the paint as well as just right for the small cup on my eclipse cs - and at under $20 for 1000 cups cheaply disposable

I use small clear plastic cups as well. You can get the ones I use at the dollar store. Come 10 to a pack and they have lids(3-4 oz). Good for storing/mixing all kinds of stuff.

That just made me think of using a sandwich bag to mix the epoxy. Then you could squeeze it around in the bag cut the corner off and squeeze it on. Spread it with the tip of the bag and toss it. It would keep the air out too.

1 person likes this

That just made me think of using a sandwich bag to mix the epoxy. Then you could squeeze it around in the bag cut the corner off and squeeze it on. Spread it with the tip of the bag and toss it. It would keep the air out too.

:yay:

Good tip. I guess I am not the only one getting into trouble by "snatching" stuff from the kitchen :-)

Not even close to being the only one! :nono: lol