I have had some mixed results recently and want your input. I bought an economy brand auto clear recently. It doenst seem to hold up and I dont know if I did something wrong or what. Its a 4 - 1 ratio urethane clear that I spray with a mini gun 1.0 nozzle. I put 1 tack and 1 wet coat. I usually wait 2-3 days and never had an issue but always used the good stuff like deltron. Well on the ones i did a couple weeks ago started peeling and what not after a day or 2 of fishing. So my questions are;
1. How many coats do you put of Auto Clear
- do you do them all within a short period or buff and re apply
2. Do you use a name brand or economy brand
- What brand
3. How long do you wait to fish them
4. Do you use water based paints or urethane
5. Any suggestions other than dont buy cheap stuff? ugggh!
Edited by Matt Moreau, 02 October 2012 - 01:48 PM.