bass01

Dick Nite Question

I've never had DN flake off any plastic surface, painted or not. Are these Strike King baits? Do they come with the bills already clearcoated? If so, the DN solvent may be softening the original clearcoat and causing it to come off as the bills flex during use. That's all I can think of since I've never had DN come off a raw polycarbonate or plastic lip.

Hey guys!!

No, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth... Just been extremely busy at work and with a few other commitments... I finally got to sit down at the bench for a bit today and as expected my DN had skinned over in the mason jars i transferred them into when I got the big can. Is it toast or can I just scrape out the skin and keep on truckin'??

If it has started to form a skin then the curing process has already started. I've had the same thing happen to me. I removed the skin and continued to use it and I didn't notice any difference after the lures were coated. Unfortunately it will continue to cure and there's nothing I know of that will stop it.

Ben

I really like the finish that DN gives you on a lure. It's at least as tough and clear as anything I've used, but dealing with the storage issues is what I didn't like. The only way I've heard of to keep DN fresh and usable is with the "tap the can" method, but this is not conducive to dipping. I may go back to DN one of these days, but it will be using the "tap the can" method and either spraying or brushing it.

Ben