Finnz922

What Is The Best Spinner/buzzbait Tool?

I have used the little blue bender for years but you aren't going to make closed loop spinnerbait wire forms with it. What it will do for you is make great hook bends, swivel loops and "R" bends consistently. Here is the problem you face, buzzbaits typically use .052 wire which is really heavy and there fore the little blue bender won't help and as far as I know the twist tech isn't made for that heavy of wire either. So that leave the boggs or Hagens and you will have to purchase an additional head in order for those to work so you have a lot of expense. The other way is to use the little blus bender to make spinnerbait forms and buy prebent buzzbait forms. I'll let you in on a secret, I bend my own spinnerbait forms because I like to and I use different dimensions but the prebent forms use the same wire as you would buy, and for what it cost for 100 forms versus enough wire to make that many is about 5 bucks and it takes time, like I said, if you want to make "R" bends the blue bender is great and last but if you want closed loop you need a hagens or boggs.

I use TwisTech former heavily and love it. heavy wire die set is available. DuBro just put out a new tool that lure parts online is stocking--runs about $350 but looks like it does everything you would need they have a video here's a link. http://shop.proseriesfishing.com/products/productdetail/part_number=1250/101.2.0.0.0.0.0

here is a link to the video on the twistech-- http://www.poulsencascadetackle.com/pages/twis_tech_movie_flash.html

if you have any questions on twitech, email me, happy to help--I use it a ton.

For bending I am using Twistech former. It is very helpful.

Only one problem - you could not place winding loop close to clevis. It is leaving the gap about 10mm.

It has been discussed lower in the: " Help--which Wire Bender To Buy"

Edited by ING

For bending I am using Twistech former. It is very helpful.

Only one problem - you could not place winding loop close to clevis. It is leaving the gap about 10mm.

It has been discussed lower in the: " Help--which Wire Bender To Buy"

He wants to make spinnerbait and buzzbait wire forms so that issue isn't going to affect him. I just don't like the fact that the twistech and the boggs tackle maker make you buy an extra head to use heavier wire, but for price and dependability you aren't going to beat the little blue bender but it isn't going to make twisted wire shats for inlines or closed loop wire forms, it is simply for "R" bend spinnerbait wire forms. The Cabelas wire former is a nice tool but it won't help you either as the largest wire diameter it can bend is .035, much smaller than the buzzbait forms you want to make and it will limit the wire diameters you can use for spinnerbaits. That is what you need to look at with a former, the diameter of wire which it will bend, anything less than .041 and it isn't going to work for spinnerbaits and anything less than .052 and forget buzzbaits.

Edited by smalljaw