Nathan

A Ballasting Act!

http://southernswimbait.com/2012/10/15/the-bettencourt-baits-dying-bluegill/

Above is a link to some underwater footage of a bait I just released.It is able to swim like it does because of the ballast and it's placement.

It took probably 10 attempts and adjustments to get this bait to lay on it's side..then swim up right...For you new guys playing around with baits...If a bait doesn't do what you want, make only ONE change at a time...If you make more than one you have no Idea what fixed your problem.Also...I only actually went through a couple baits through all those changes..I try to use the same bait as long as I can so I eliminate as many varitables as I can....

The weighting /ballast of this bait is about what you would expect...There is some weight in the bottom to give it some stabalization when it's upright in the water...there is also some weight towards the top/side of the bait in both sections so it lays over....There is even a small amount of weight in the tail so it would hange under the surface like a real dying/dead fish.

This is a real unstable bait in the water and you have to fish it slow or it will blow out...but as you can see if swam right... you can mimic a dying fish

Awesome! Having spent more time than I care to admit just trying to fine tune a glider, I can really appreciate your accomplishment! I unfortunately can also relate to your advise about only changing one thing at a time. I made one really great swimming glider that I still can't reproduce. Great job on a very unique lure.