youthinthewild

A Little Help Please!

I have a outdoors ministry mentoring fatherless boys and taking them fishing every month at no cost to them.I am wanting to start painting lures to help us raise money to get the boys fishing equipment and get more of them outdoors.We are needing start up supplies and someone to be our guide.This will also give boys a outlet to learn how to paint baits...Does anyone here have start up supplies for cheap as I can't afford alot and willing to guide us...Also would anyone sell us painted baits at a discount to sell and raise funds for the supplies we need not a hand out Just a hand up Thank you guys

Hey there, I posted on your other comment as well. I dont have anything in the way that is available for you to sell, i never sold any of mine really. Just a suggestion or two if you dont get any bites on the supplies. Painting the lures can be done really easily. Some craft paint for $1 each at michaels and some brushes/sponges will probably do the trick. A little help for them to paint the eye maybe. One idea you can do if you have the start up for your first round of lures. Let them make them, paint them, clear coat them, and get some cheap key rings from a craft store etc. Maybe have a sale at your church for "lure keychains" that people can buy. I am sure any self respecting church goer would be very happy to pick up a keychain like that. They dont even have to be percectly painted lures, they can be themed liked flags, nemo, etc etc. i wish i could help you out, however, I just dont have the materials at the moment.

you can get a single stage airbrush for under 15.00 if you look on line harbor fright carrys them for 12.00 i think,and as for cheap paint wal-mart sells water base hobby paint you can thin with furture floor wax(tile floors)and you can get it at the dollar store for just a few dollars so for under 30.00 you will have a good start at supplys,yes the single stage air brush is a little easyer to use becouse you set the air on your compresser (30 psi) then ajust the paint flow to just spray a lite mist and start painting going over the bait more then once to get a darker color,then change colors and do that one....so on and so forth