youthinthewild

Ok Where Do I Start?

Your definitely in the right spot...I would spend some time reading these forums and using it's search feature.There is a incredible amount of information here.Everyone of your questions have been discussed in length here.If you have any specific questions, post them up....Nathan

I think that is a great thing you are doing. I am not sure how old they are, but holding their attention to the finished product might be an issue. I take a 9yo boy out and do things with him, he gets bored of tedious thing fairly quickly. I would suggest getting some basswood blocks from a hobby store, some rough wood files, sandpaper, and some eye screws. Draw up some templates they can trace on to the block and let them goto to work. They will be "hooked" 8O a little easier finishing a simple bait they can use sooner. Of course you could research some things on here that you should know (that they necessarily dont have to) about. Such as ballast, lip angles etc. Just my 2 cents.