trick trout

Matte Clear Coat?

i am trying to achive the matte effect like on some of the lucky craft baits or otherwise any bait that has a matte finish... i am looking for a clear coat that when sparyed and dried it has a matte effect...if possible... just wonder if anybody here has had any experience or has tested some out? thanks

Hi there Andrew

I'll tell you this but you can't let anyone else know I told you about it. :rolleyes: If you were to purchase this product, keep it on the back of your tying table where it won't be seen. :oops: :lol::lol:

I'm not really sure if they make the matte finish, but my Wife thinks they do. From here on your on you're own. Sally Hansen No Chip Acrylic top coat nail polish, it's pretty good stuff and good to use on a bait or two if you just are making them for yourself. Hard to use for a production run. Wall-mart caries that brand and you can check to see if they carry the matte finish in clear. Good luck and remember, you didn't hear it from me!! :rolleyes:

I use clear lacquer as sealer and to finish the head on all of my work. As far as the bodies go, I've tried it a few times and it seems to seal up the paint pretty good in some applications. Just depends on you the user I guess. It dries "hard as nails" like they say, You probably could use it as a thread sealer, but it would be slow and cumbersome.

thanks deadlystreamer i will probably look for some of that stuff sounds pretty cool... and husky thanks for the info on the envirotex but the bad thing is i threw away the box and instructions with it but i am running out so i will soon need some more... thanks alot for the info

Trout,

Plasicgrip (the stuff you dip your tool handles in) use to make a spray on clear version of the stuff.I'd found it at Coast to Coast stores.That stuff gave you a clear matt rubber finish that was tough as nails...Nathan