cadman

Gargoyle Spinnerbait Plans

I decided to post a new tread about how to bend or make this spinnerbait this way guys know that there are plans available. I can tell you I have only made about a 1/2 dozen of these years ago, and then a couple at the beginning of this year. They all worked, however I can't remember if I caught any fish on the (1) that I made for myself, the others were given away. To be honest with you guys, the amount of work it takes to make these is probably not worth it as you can easily make a regular spinnerbait and still catch fish with it. What I am trying to say is if you think this will catch more fish, then don't waste your time. If you want to fiddle around and make something different, than by all means have at it.

I used a wood board and nailed nails in the appropriate centers on the drawing to bend the wire around. The wire diameter I used was .035" and nail diameter was .062" +/- to give you the correct radii on the drawing. If you plan on using heavier wire, you will have to adjust for that as your centers will change and your radii will change. Once nails were nailed in, I cut them down so they were sticking up about a 1/4" above the board. The rest is slow and tedious work of wrapping the wire around the inside and outside of the nails to get the desired shape.

So below is two drawings to show you how to make them. Sheet 1 is a 1:1 profile of the wire that was formed. Make sure you print it 1:1 so if you use that as a template it will be correct. To check if you printed it 1 :1, I gave you two dimensions, if you take your printed copy and measure your printed copy to the dimensions on my drawing they should match if not enlarge your copy accordingly.

If anyone needs an actual cad file or any other help on this, PM me and I will help you out as much as I can. With that I leave you guys to have fun and spend some winter months if you choose to make these.

**********Just a note: These drawings are an aid to help you make this wireform. I will not take responsibility for any incorrect information. Please use your best judgement when making these and ask first if you don't understand.*********

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet2.pdf

Garg Wire - Sheet1.pdf