youthinthewild

Freestyle Lure Painting Contest Begins Now!

I believe youthinthewind meant to say "my wife has been in and out of the hospital. Just this month..." etc., meaning she has been sick for a while. The lack of a period after hospital makes the difference. I'm sure everyone reading this thread wishes you and your wife the very best, youthinthewind. Its easy to understand how nothing else mattered once u found out. God bless you and your wife. I'm sure a bunch of us in the TU crowd will be sending you prayers tonight.

He contacted me through another member on this site and wanted my address sent to his personal email.  I sent him my address on April 4th and I haven't heard a thing from him ONCE AGAIN!!!  I think your right Coley it is a scam.  There was other guys who sent lures also.  Looks like I will write this up as a loss!  I wish he would quit contacting me and acting like he is going to send out the plaque and then nothing!!  So much for helping out fatherless boys!!

Oh by the way, I can see he can keep logging onto the TU site.  He was on at 5:32pm and didn't bother contacting me.

SCAM!!!!!!!!!!

He can visit, but participation was revoked per our last discussion until the obligation is met... just clarifying.

Hope you see your award soon.

I hope all this gets worked out and that it doesn't end up being a scam. This is the sort of thing that makes you think twice before getting involved with any type of charity. And in the end the ones who suffer the most are the people in need that are represented by legitimate charities.

just my :twocents:

Ben

It is a shame, but these things do happen.......and quite too often.

A few years back when I was pouring plastics, I sponsored a high school fishing team in Indiana. It was a great experience. They sent me pictures all the time and really appreciated the baits.

Since then, I've been contacted by someone in the Armed Forces with a gov't e-mail address and sent a box full of baits along with a few others from another sight that jumped in to help the men and women who defend our country. I did get an e-mail stating my baits were received and was promised pics and e-mails from those service men/women who received them. Bubkis!

I received a phone call from the Sheriff of a Georgia Police Department asking if i could help out with Youth Tournament they run every year. It was in two weeks. I busted my butt to get a bunch of stuff together and mailed it Priority Mail to the attn. Sheriff and he received it 2 days before the event. Never heard as much as a thank you, email......nothing.

I get e-mails for sponsorship daily, Yet they have never won a tournament, send a resume or (I paint cranks now) have ever purchased a crank bait from me. Heck, most of them don't even know what type of baits I make. They make it sound like they are doing me a favor.........if I feel like responding, I just tell them I paint enough baits now, and if I get busier than I currently am, it will be too much like work and take up another hobby........

.....seems like too many people these days want something for nothing. It's a shame because the legit events are suffering.

• Like 1

If you put "Youthinthewild" into google you'll see that someone using that name has asked on other forums for people to donate goods and services before. In the cases I found he took young kids out hunting and you can see pictures of the events.

http://www.predatormastersforums.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1613830

So if its the same guy it may not be a scam and he may just have a few problems in his life as he said or that could be just me giving him the benifet of the doubt.

Thanks for clarifying that. All I see is him logging in a lot and not updating me.

CedarLakeMusky,

I have some info for you, you might be interested in. Pm me your e-mail.  I won't post this publicly guys so don't ask. I was curious on how this was going to play out. I won't state my opinion.. For you guys on this site, the same person posted something similar to this about jigs, about a year ago or so on TU. I inquired as to help then it just seemed that there were too many things going way too fast, I walked away from it.

PS: Anyone that knows me, knows that I will go out of my way to help, however my scenario just didn't feel right. I don't want to pre-judge, so I won't. Good Luck

Edited by cadman

or that could be just me giving him the benifet of the doubt.

You are a better man than me, not that I wouldn't help again, but I'm very cautious. I, like, 152nd Street Baits, have sent out numerous packages without a Thank You, or at least a note say "Sucker" or something, so at least I know they got the package. Sad individuals unfortunately.

Edited by cadman

I remember the jig making materials request but didn't mention it.

believe it or not, I just printed a postage lable to send some painted cranks to a Youth event in Indiana.

I'm send ing 2 custompainted cranks, which is a far cry from a medium flat rate box..............I couldn't help myself and promised this a few months ago.Besides I could use the good Kharma and a decent seat in Heaven! LOL

I remember the jig making materials request but didn't mention it.

believe it or not, I just printed a postage lable to send some painted cranks to a Youth event in Indiana.

I'm send ing 2 custompainted cranks, which is a far cry from a medium flat rate box..............I couldn't help myself and promised this a few months ago.Besides I could use the good Kharma and a decent seat in Heaven! LOL

152nd, I've known you for quite awhile, and all I can say is that you are just good people. They don't come as trusting, honest and caring as you. When the time comes, hopefully we will both be up there exchanging old war stories. LOL Edited by cadman

You're too kind, Ted!   Funny, I just received this from a friend in Michigan 30 minutes ago........I just got some skirts and tied one of those slips jigs you sent me a while back. I am so stoked!

You poured those for me when I had to stop pouring plastics! I appreciate the time you spent teaching me and have been able to carry allot of that over into painting. There are a handful of the finest tacklemakers in the world here who have been and still are willing to take the time to explain in detail how things are done. I don't want to mention any names because i know I will forget one or two. But people in every form of tackle making have taken me under their wing to pass on their knowledge. I am forever grateful for that and to them and try to pass it on when asked. Thanks to all..............and use the damn search engine! LOL

• Like 1