EdL

How I Made A Wire Bender For Me

I make small crankbaits and topwaters and use small diameter wire. I normally use round pliers but decided to make a homemade wire bender just cause I like to make my own tools for the challenge and the fun. I would up the size a bit for larger wire sizes.

Ed

How I made a wire bender.pdf

• Like 2

Better to have a tool or make a tool than being one. :) 

One of these days I might make one to twist wires.  I don't find I do this but it might be fun to see what can be created.

If anyone figures out how to make their own version of a wire bending tool post it with a pic.  There more than one way to bend wire.

Before I retired as an engineer I sometimes had to train or explain work processes to younger engineers.  So I had some experience in trying to put out a set of instructions.  Today its easier with computers, small cameras, and pdf creation software to document a process.  To put one of these how-to's together just remember to document clearly the steps you do.  Be sure to include all steps and don't assume the reader will understand everything.  Some people may not have the experience and are trying to learn.  

Thanks for everyones appreciation.  Some of you like Pete have contributed to TU that helps me so I wanted to do my part to pay it back.