dochollow

Red Hooks

I use red hooks on some of my baits and do great with them when my friends fishing the same bait with black hooks don't catch any?is it the bait or the hooks?I have people ask for baits with red hooks and black hooks ,all i can say is next time the fish are hitting a bait well change the hook color and see what one works better

Not sure that it matters Doc. Some folks swear by them and others say it doesn't matter. I would think that on deep diving cranks it certainly doesn't matter since red is the first color to disappear as you go deeper.

I do like a red bead between my worm and bullet weight though. But even then I think it's more about the subtle noise it makes than the color red.

Just my :twocents:

Ben

• Like 1

I have seen my brother and I fish the exact same bait with the same pattern and colors. I couldn't get a bite while my brother was pulling them in. Difference .... he had a red hook on the front. I've made the change while fishing and started catching fish after replaced hook with a red one.

We were fishing around 4-6 feet.

Don't know if the red hook made the difference or not.

I've used red, nickel, and black nickel hooks, and I haven't noticed an improvement going from the black hooks to red. But, for some reason that may just be my mind, I do seem to notice better bite ratios going from nickel to either black or red hooks. As was stated above me, that's just my two cents worth