tukta

Airbrush Paint

new to this site and really looking forward spending some time here some real talented lpeople I just started to airbrush plastic lures and am having a ton of problems with the paint. I am using createx, I sand the bodys prime them when I get the paint going on its like there is too much water and it waves on the edges. I have taken it straight out of the bottle no good watered it down no good dropped air pressure down and up no good. I am using a paasche dual action i started with the stock 3 needle and now am trying a 1 or a fine needle any help would be greatly apprecaited jim

Cougar i shook the bottles real well I stired and i practiced on paper I beginning to think the idiot running the gunn is the problem lol i seem to have the problem om paper too just dont know enough to figure it out one question does the createx work good on the plastic lures??

I am new to painting lures also. I have been using an airbrush on model cars for a while. I don’t have that problem with Createx. There could be a few reasons this could happen. I reduce my paint 3 parts paint one part reducer. You want the thickness of milk. Also how close are you spraying to the lure? Do you have a water trap on the compressor? Water could be in your airline from the compressor. What are you using for primmer? The paint could be having a reaction to it. I just lay down mist coats of transparent white for my base coat. You don’t want to spray this paint on thick. You also need to heat set Createx paint. I hope others will chime in for more advice.

If your airbrush is moving paint around on the lure when you shoot it, the problem is usually that you are holding the brush too close to the work, shooting too much paint, or the pressure is too high. I think the smallest needle/tip will help as it shoots less paint in a finer spray pattern - I never used anything else on my Paasche unless I was doing larger projects. If you are trying to do detail work, you should definitely use the smallest tip possible and you'll find it takes a lot of trigger control, which you get only with experience and practice. Try spraying less paint, then dry it with a hair dryer before spraying more.

Airbrushing isn't that hard. Airbrushing well is, but that's another story, and has to do with artistic talent.

But I can airbrush so I know it isn't that hard.

Practice on a piece of white PVC pipe.

If you're having the paint move around, you have the paint thin enough.

Try doing lighter coats, and hit each coat with a hair dryer between each coat. It will take a little longer, but it will help you learn to paint.

I spray with the regulator set at 45lbs, and use the trigger to adjust the pressure. It takes a little practice, but it is the easiest way to paint. Once you've learned to paint at higher pressure, you can play around with the pressure, too.

It is a learned skill that takes practice, lots of practice.

But it is a doable thing.

okay I spent all morning to try to get this stuff going followed everyones suggestions finnally threw in the towel called the hobby shop to see if they had any suggestions the guy said bring it down he does all his models with an air brush. Took the paint brush compressor down he tried it and had all the same problems what the heck. He pulled a new one out hooked it up and everything worked perfectly what the heck struggled for days to find out a bad brush gave me the new one and got home everything is working great and mark your right now i have to work on my artistic ability thanks everyone I got some great info and I hope it helps some one else jim