ravenlures

Uv Box

Has anyone started or made some sort of UV box for curing lures. I am about to start one but just wondering if someone has a idea. Here is mine a round or 5 sided, one side is a door which closes so you can't see the light bulbs inside on each side. Should hold around 6 to 8 muski lures, as it rotates the the lights go on and off with some sort of switching system, so that it will bring out the gloss in this solarze curing process. When I get this done I will post a picture and how I did it.

Any thoughts needed.

Thanks

I was considering florecent tubes but on and off won't work. I will take that to thought. You know that when I used 150 watt bulbs in a camera I would start them off with a low watt at 5 min. than increase over 15 to 20 min. and they lasted four times longer than if I started them off right away. That camera was for a making litho film for printing. Thanks for the input always needed.

That is already on the drawing board. I am thinking using two 18" tube type lights, one on each side. Since I will use tube type I am thinking of reducing two areas of light in the box to help with glossing up the lures. Not sure if that is needed or will work. If I use bulbs than I can use a switching on and off of the bulbs. I will just run a fiber board on top with copper strip and a contact from top to do the switching as it goes around with the lures. Lenght to adjust for time on and off.

Keep those thoughts coming.

Wayne

Maybe some sort of "shuttering" device so you don't have to turn the lights on and off, but can block the light on 30 second intervals, etc. Could be as simple as a piece of wood or cardboard that you slide open and shut, and a kitchen timer or two to keep track of open/shut and total cure time. If the lights get hot you may need to vent the sides of the box for cooling.

Dan