J lure

How To Attach A Stainless Steel Loop End Wire To A Hook?

You've got problems then. Seriously doubt any type of glue is going to hold up. Only other way I know of is welding and then your going to destroy the temper in the hook.

Can you run the wire through the eye of the hook and then wrap the wire around the hook shank?

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

.035 is not that large of a ss wire if you are using round nose pliers. If another loop like the one in the end of the wire won't work what other requirements are there for the attachment? What would be the ideal attachment for your application? Does it need to hold the hook straight in line with the wire so it doesn't wobble? Help us understand what you need it to do. Musky Glenn

What about using a spot welder to hit a few points along the way. Just an idea. Quick tacking points that may not ruin temper of hook. Did a quick internet search and harbor freight has some. I haven't ever used one so I don't know if it is too big/hot to destroy wire but thinking out loud. Maybe some body ou there has more experience with spot welders.

I don't know if this will work for you or not.

Before there were things like the parasite clips a friend of mine used to fashion clips and attach them to hooks for Stacey King. He wrapped the wire and hook shank with thread then superglued it. I have some of his hooks and the thread attached wire goes no where.

Muskyglen: I'm using the wire shaft for a extension of the hook shaft. I can't find any worm hooks with long shanks/necks.

Badsrecord: I have not tried any soldering I'm not quite sure what materials are needed for stainless steel. I have found some sites that say it can be done, some that say it can be done with special material or silver solder.

EDL: I did see spot welding while searching the web. I have no clue on hot to weld or spot weld, it does look fairly easy. Plus harbor freight had them fairly cheap.......

Jig man: Do you have any pics of the setup your talking about? Also I'll have to search parasite clips.

Toadfrog: What is flat waxed nylon and where can I find it? Are you talking about dental floss?

Amac: I did try jb weld but not the kwick jb weld, but I'll give it a try.

You could also try casting plastic resin around the base of the hook and wire. Make a set-up using modeling clay, make a silicon mold, and then pour the plastic around the wire and hook. Most plastic resins (like alumilite) are very strong if you do not add filler (like most of us do for crankbaits).

If don't mind a little weight, do the same, just pour lead.