BJohnstone

Custom Designed Lexan Lips

You might try CB Custom Crankbait Lips. I always use them for my square bill lips, and any custom designs I have. They use a CNC mill so each cut is exactly the same, and they can do lexan, circuit board, just about anything. They didn't charge any setup fee, and I paid something like $0.30 - $0.40 per lip. If you want pre-molded deep diving lips you may have to go with a plastic company like the one mentioned above.

Here's the link to CB:

http://cbcustomlips.wix.com/crankbaitlips#!home/mainPage

Hope this helps - please let us know what you find.

• Like 1

You guys have got to learn to go GLOBAL like the rest of us, otherwise wallow in inferior out of date punched, burred, burnt edge polycarbonate            --------------------------------------------------------

Try "Huber Bibs"  - Dean Huber  at  :    sdhub@exemail.com.au ---ask for a 'profile sheet', there are 3 pages of profiles (Sizes/ Shapes --- and what you see on the print-out is what you get) , including, big lips, small lips, with or without  'Omega clip holes'  'walkers', he also does custom, as long as you can supply dimensions.

Best bibs (lips) I have ever sourced (including big $$$$$$$$$$$'s in Canada--U.S.A) all CNC cut, no laser or punched junk, all perfect.

He ONLY sells by the 100 OR min A$50.  (US$45)

Never met him, but probably have bought about 1000 lips off him, various sizes, all ready to roll.

Postage to U.S-A will probably cost A$6.80===U.S$7.50

Remember our------------------"Free Trade Agreement".  :lolhuh:   :lolhuh:  :?

Pete

You guys have got to learn to go GLOBAL like the rest of us, otherwise wallow in inferior out of date punched, burred, burnt edge polycarbonate            --------------------------------------------------------

Try "Huber Bibs"  - Dean Huber  at  :    sdhub@exemail.com.au ---ask for a 'profile sheet', there are 3 pages of profiles (Sizes/ Shapes --- and what you see on the print-out is what you get) , including, big lips, small lips, with or without  'Omega clip holes'  'walkers', he also does custom, as long as you can supply dimensions.

Best bibs (lips) I have ever sourced (including big $$$$$$$$$$$'s in Canada--U.S.A) all CNC cut, no laser or punched junk, all perfect.

He ONLY sells by the 100 OR min A$50.  (US$45)

Never met him, but probably have bought about 1000 lips off him, various sizes, all ready to roll.

Postage to U.S-A will probably cost A$6.80===U.S$7.50

Remember our------------------"Free Trade Agreement".  :lolhuh:   :lolhuh:  :?

Pete

Burred is, especally partially melted burred is usually a result of poor speed and feed choices for cutting plastics.  It can also be a result of poor cutter choice or dull worn cutters.  Laser would not be my choice for lexan or non-name brand polycarbonate because of light diffusion in the stock.  I don't know about punching.  I suspect that good results could be had that way for mass production, but the setup cost would failrly high.