GoneBuggy

Crank Help

Hey guys I'm new to makeing lures- I'm wondering how to get a correct action out of a lure. I make my bibs out of sheet metal. I was just wondering if there was a metoid to getting a good wooble.

Not only the lip's size , shape , cupping and angle alone generates a certain lure action , ...also other factors like body shape , buoyancy , ballast weights , position of tow eye , etc. all have an influence on the way that a lure swims , ...all together basically refered to as "crankbait dynamics" .

So your design would really depend on how you want your lure to swim in the end , ....deep or shallow , with a tight or a wide wobble , etc.

What kinda metal sheet will you be using as lip material ?

Good luck , diemai :yay:

Tow eye position relative to the lip is critical. The position may well not be on the end of the nose, like you might expect it to be.

Lures are like a balancing act. You change one thing and you may have to adjust something else to regain the balance.

No majic formulas, just lots of testing. Change one thing at a time, or you will never know what works.

DAve