J lure

Soft Plastic Graphic Design

I think you are missing a zero on the minium from johnson bags. And the 150 charge per color for the screens. Frank

My last quote from them was 15,000 bags at their listed price and $250/plate (1plate per colour) - Inpact wanted 60,000 bags and $200/plate when i called them as well.

I've ordered from Johnson bags twice in the past two years. 2 years ago they had a 15,000 minimum but you would receive 16,000 from the manufacturer. Last year they were able to reduce the minimum to 10,000 but you will receive 12,000 from the manufacturer. They use the +/- 20% rule. The printing plates also ran $200-$250 for each color but of course these can be used over and over again. Make sure your design is perfect so you don't have to re-make plates if you change your design down the road. Also, most bags like these are made in China and companies in the US are sourcing out the work.

They do a great job but just be prepared to spend around $2500 on your first order.

• Like 1

I've ordered from Johnson bags twice in the past two years. 2 years ago they had a 15,000 minimum but you would receive 16,000 from the manufacturer. Last year they were able to reduce the minimum to 10,000 but you will receive 12,000 from the manufacturer. They use the +/- 20% rule. The printing plates also ran $200-$250 for each color but of course these can be used over and over again. Make sure your design is perfect so you don't have to re-make plates if you change your design down the road. Also, most bags like these are made in China and companies in the US are sourcing out the work.

They do a great job but just be prepared to spend around $2500 on your first order.

if the US companies are going to china to make the bags, why not bypass them and save some money, 10,000 6x4 cost me $930 plus shipping (3 plates included)

if the US companies are going to china to make the bags, why not bypass them and save some money, 10,000 6x4 cost me $930 plus shipping (3 plates included)

Dave, why didn't you mention this in your first post? The original poster, J Lure, was asking for recommendations and if you have a number to China I'm sure we would all love to have it.

• Like 1