FishingRaptor

Anyone Have Success Spraying W/ulta Fine Glitter Dust?

6 posts in this topic

I don't know how it works, myself but I saw this from an accomplished carver/painter on another forum

For the glitter, I like to use Folk Art Extreme Glitter because it can be sprayed through an airbrush with a little thinning.

I do know you can order really fine flake from TCB and other places like .008 but it is not cheap.

Not sure if I've got what your calling "glitter dust", but I have sprayed glitter through an airbrush. It all depends on tip size. Spraying through a #3 or #5 tip in my Paasche VL is doable.

There are special guns that are designed specifically for this purpose although they're bigger than your standard airbrush. Think more along the lines of an HVLP gun. They are specially designed with a device that stirs the glitter while it's still in the gun to keep the glitter suspended in the spray medium.

Ben

Im new to this but when doing jigs I mix the glitter right in the top coat adn it comes out real good when i saw this post i tried it on a junk bait and it turned out great and i could mix in as much glitter as i wanted just an idea

glitter dust nu.5 tip pashe as stated. we mix it with clear. when mixing with clear put a ball bearing in spray bottle shake so the dust or glitter sprays evenly. normally a couple fog coats then a clear coat only final coat. hope this helps.