matthew smoot

Photo Finish Baits

There is going to be a learning curve with any photo editing software. And if you only plan on using it to re-size photos for building lures then there is going to be a large part of the software that you will never use. My suggestion would be to do a bit of research and download any of the higher rated free editing programs from the 'net.

Ben

My wife does I bet she can teach me.

If you wife knows how to use Excel then 90% of your battle is over. Just have her "INSERT", then "PICTURE FROM FILE" (or other location depending on where your picture is), select your picture, then "FORMAT" and resize, crop, flip, rotate, etc. until you get what you need.

Gene

Does Excel have the "deform" feature Gene? You can change the shape of photos with it. I sometimes use it to stretch or shorten the vertical or horizontal axis of the photo. It sometimes makes it easier to fit an image to the shape of the lure while still maintaining the overall identity of the picture. You can make a fish photo longer and narrower or shorter and fatter depending on what's needed.

Ben

Ben,

To my knowledge, Excel does not have a "DEFORM" tool. I understand the function of the "DEFORM" in that you can stretch a photo in different directions in order to get your photo to have a more "perfect" fit. However, by unchecking the "SAVE ASPECT RATIO" box, you can change the heigth and width of your photo to fit close enough to your lure.

Gene

The TU tutorial helped me tremendously when I first began. Plus, I bugged the carp out of a couple members until I finally got a grasp on the basics. Nothing like hands-on for the real learning, tho. I started out with the decal paper but went to foiling exclusively a short while later. I use Open Office for prepping my photos. This program is free and it is about as simple as it gets. Simple works for me. :) I use an HP Ink Jet printer and have never had any issues. If I can offer any assistance...just holler.