rhahn427

Why Is This Site Soooooo Slooooooow

for the past several weeks this site has become the sloooooooowest site .......... from both here and at work ..........

I thought is was just my computer but it's the same at work and I don't see anything that's changed. Also when you hit the view new content the 1st time it shows no new content ....... you have to hit it again to get the new content

TU is getting pounded by spambots atm.

Pretty smart, given they expect staff to be out for the holidays.

over 1200 registrations blocked today alone and theyre still trying, all different IP's

Our spam monitoring service is working, as none have gotten thru, but it is taking up alot of resources to do so.

I'm watching the server and making adjustments as necessary, you may see sporadic downtime while I reboot services. sorry, but its about all I can do for now.

• Like 1

The popup/redirects are coming from tapatalk.... tapatalk is a phone/tablet app I personally use and enjoy, however due to these issues, it's being removed from the site.

I have secured a faster server and everything is being moved as we speak..... Rest assured this will not be a smooth migration and will more likely get worse before it gets better, but it will get better.

I apologize for all the latency, Late winter early spring is our busy time of year and a terrible time to do this, but it is what it is.

Thanks for the kindly worded criticism, as I'm sure many of you would like to wring my neck. Just know I'm doing the best with what I have.

Regards,

Jerry

Jerry ............ the slowness is frustrating but the site is soooooo good that you are forgiven ........ especially now that it is wonderfully fast ........... now if you could just get rid of the problem of the site showing "no content" the first time you hit view new content button

Edited by rhahn427