sammy01007

Re-directed From Tu Site

Hey Jerry,

I get email notices when a new reply is made to a topic I'm subscribed to. I clicked on the link in the email to reply to a new message. It redirected me to the site Sammy was talking about. I closed that page and went back and clicked on the link in the TU email notification again and it carried me to the right page that time. Never heard of a link acting like that before.

Ben

So it just happened to me again. This is what I did. I typed "tackle Underground" in the address bar. A Bing search result came up. I clicked on the "Tackle Underground" link at the top of the search results. Re-directed me to http://url4short.info/2ec1b5c8.

Repeated the steps, and logged in without a problem.

This is the third time I encountered this on 2 different PC's. Once happened just as described above. Once happened when signing in under my username. Hope this helps.

So it just happened to me again. This is what I did. I typed "tackle Underground" in the address bar. A Bing search result came up. I clicked on the "Tackle Underground" link at the top of the search results. Re-directed me to http://url4short.info/2ec1b5c8.

Repeated the steps, and logged in without a problem.

This is the third time I encountered this on 2 different PC's. Once happened just as described above. Once happened when signing in under my username. Hope this helps.

This just happened to me twice today on 2 different PCs, 1 at work and 1 at home this morning.

Just happened to me again. Same as before. Clicked on the TU link in my email and was redirected to another site that I couldn't leave. Had to close Firefox to get away from the site I was redirected to. I've also been getting "server too busy" notices when going from one page to another once I've logged onto TU. Something is really screwed up.

Ben

Sorry to post this on this thread, but it says I can't start a new topic in this forum and wasn't sure where else to put it.

Since the site was fixed I've lost quite a few pictures from my photo gallery. This wouldn't be a problem, but several of the pictures that were lost were on the hard drive that crashed in an older computer. I know I should have copied them to my new computer, but as we all know hindsight is 20/20. Is there any way of retrieving the lost pictures without an excessive amount of trouble?

Ben

i have the redirect too esp on computers at work when i click the TU site under google search. Both computers i have had this happen to me on are running linux operating systems i think, but im not exactly a guru with computers. I have never had a problem on my home computer, but i also have a shortcut link to the homepage i always use on my personal computer.