TightLinez

Spraying Etex Lite... Can It Be Done?

I am looking for a spray clear, but I really don't want to deal with the hassle of DN. Obviously aerosol spray never works, and I've had good results with Etex in the past when brushing it. Has anyone been able to thin it with denatured alcohol or something and spray it through a paint gun? This isn't actually for baits, and the item I'm painting won't work with my lure turner. If not, I may have to bite the bullet and get some auto clear...

Thank you!

Yes I sprayed with E-Tex. Thined it with accetone but you should have a good mask I also cleaned up my airbrush with the accetone, took it apart and let it soak and blew it out good.It came out as a thin layer on small lures. Held up OK. I don't do it anymore, because I do bigger lures now for musky.

I am not sure there is anything easier than Dick Nite. Just store it correctly.

I think an HPLV spray gun could get the Etex airborne, if it was thinned all to hell, as even bed liner and acoustical foam can be sprayed, but I am not sure you would like the result. Even assuming the result was acceptable, I immagine there would be a lot of waste.

Thin the Extex with DA, brush it on, bust bubbles with a heat gun, and turn the bait.

Or, like you said, use auto clear. :yes:

SS

Thanks guys. What I'm painting is actually Xbox 360 controllers. You'd be amazed at how busy I stay with orders. I don't really mind brushing the Etex on, the issue is finding a way to turn the controller while it cures. It is in 2 pieces and I can just barely grab onto a small piece of plastic with a vise grip or exacto knife handle. My lure turner is the basic two discs with hooks all around them, and rubberbands/paper clips that suspend the lure between the discs.

Due to the shape and lack of things to hook onto, that method doesn't work with the controller halves. Last night I had to spin the controller by hand for 2hrs, and that won't work for me! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Jordan

A couple boards that bridge from one disk to the other could be a quick way to modify your existing turner to attach securely to each half of the controller. A piece of dowel etc. screwed crosswise onto the inside of each half of the controller can be then be clamped to a large binder clip etc. on your dryer.

These are what I use for lureholders on my turner. Something similar should work for your controllers.

DSCF0295.jpg

Edited by defish

You need some form of air exchange is what I meant . I spray a few shots of it and I still need to exchange the air. It will leave a cloud. Also if you have a air brush with rubber gaskets inside don't clean with the acetone , it melts them. You don't need a high dollar gun to spray that stuff, Just something with a big nozzle and enough air to push it.

I think Etex covers just fine too . You will look forever to find the perfect finish .If you get some teeth marks or it chips a little, you make a new one. BIG DEAL That's why we exist,Correct? If everything was perfect and we had no questions or problems we would be called TackleAboveground.com . Now what fun would that be :nuhuh: