Jump to content
6 replies to this topic
Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:17 AM
Hello.. Been using Devon 2 ton for a while now and it seems to wrk. Great.. My last batch was at the end of the tube and I think I got the mixture wrong.. Lures are still tacky after a week.. Are these lures scrap.. Or is there something I can do to salvage them?? All input appreciated...
Posted 13 December 2012 - 07:41 AM
Same thing happened to me thinking I didn't mix properly or something.....looking for an answer too....
Posted 13 December 2012 - 08:06 AM
Scuff the entire surface with fine grit sand paper and re-coat them. I don't used the devcon but it has worked for my 2t epoxy in the past.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:47 AM
If you are mixing equal parts and mixing properly you might have old d2t. I had some for over a year and it became tacky. I just use it for gluing in hardware. I brought some new d2t and didn't have a problem. If your surface is tacky and you can't rough the surface with sandpaper just mix up some more d2t. It will adhere fine to the surface.
Posted 13 December 2012 - 10:55 AM
Thanks for the advice.. I will give it a try and post results..
Posted 22 December 2012 - 08:07 AM
Well, when I finally got back to the lures, they had collected a bunch of dust and other BS. I scrapped em.. Lesson learned. Make sure you mix your 2 part epoxies properly before applying to lures. Merry XMAS to all...
Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:23 PM
Make sure you mix your 2 part epoxies properly before applying to lures.
Best advice you can give anyone using DT!
Edited by bassguy, 22 December 2012 - 04:24 PM.