Bester

In Process Bait Storage

Hey all- I'm looking for some ideas for storing baits during the painting and finishing process. Sometimes there is a lag time between turning, priming and painting. During that time I may do a different project in the shop. Ideally it would be enclosed to prevent any dust getting on the baits. I do all my building and painting in the same shop. I make musky lures that are 6-8 inches long. I'm hoping to find a way to simply and cheaply do this. Thanks in advance for any ideas or suggestions

@ Member

Ben's suggestion really is the cheapest way to go , ....but would not match my own situation .

Doing just like you , I'm carving , turning painting and topcoating my lures in just one room , ..but I simply lack the space for such a rack covered up with a cardboard box , .........I'd rather spend some money buying a few bigger stowaway plastic boxes sporting changeable dividers in a tool mart , ......sometimes these are on special sales(using such boxes for lure storage in general , anyway) ,....... they usually come quite a bit cheaper than special lures boxes from the tackle shop , ...at least over here in Germany .

These boxes I can slide into any vacant corners or gaps available , place them into cupboards or into my wall racks , etc ....!

So far I haven't yet proceeded the way you intend to do , ....just having dozens of readily shaped blanks around and dumped into some shoe cardboard boxes ,....... but once I'd start the finishing , I'd take it to an end before making woodchips and dust again .

If you'd go that track , make sure  that you'd use different boxes for sheer blanks and primed or halfway painted blanks each , as the pure timber ones would have some dust still sticking to them , which would surely settle inside of the box and later stick to halfway painted lures as well , if they should be placed into that very box either . 

Just my two cents , ...good luck , ...cheers , diemai :yay:

• Like 1