carolinamike

Oops Something Went Wrong

Is anyone else getting this message that says "Oops somethng went wrong. Sorry server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment".

Also the site is real slow and I can't get my pm box to open.  Jerry I know you're working on things.  I tried to pm you instead of posting but the site won't let me pm either.  The screen just darkens and the red x appears for you to close it, but it gives me nowhere to put any text.  Also a couple of posts I've done and pm's just will not go through.  Last night one post set for over an hour with just the text at the bottom saying "saving post".  When I've tried to pm a forum member, it just jumps back to the Oops message again.  I was just wondering if you were aware of this and if anyone else had the same thing going on. 

• Like 1

Same here!!! I started a thread about a month ago on the same subject.....matters improved for a week or so...back to same issues...very frustrating...as long as i'm venting, what's with the gallery revamping...my personal opinion ....yuck!!! I thought the previous set-up was GREAT...why " fix it, if it's not broken" just my two cents :?  surfk9

I'ts a fail-safe in the event the server becomes overloaded, it denies access until the traffic spike subsides.

I'm keeping logs on who/what is causing the spikes & permanently denying access to progressively fix this as time goes by.

The alternative of allowing access has proven in the past to crash the database server.

As for the gallery, its what shipped with the gallery software, I'm sure if I fiddled with it to suit personal tastes would cause more harm than good. Until HTML 5 is fully supported by all browsers I'm doing as little tinkering as possible.

We currently have the largest server we can currently afford, so my apologies for the temporary downtime, I'm confident I can selectively allocate valid traffic & weed out spam-bots, undesired search spiders & web scrapers etc over time.

Regards

Hey Jerry, I know you're doing your best to fight the bots, spiders and scrapers, but for the past 4 days I've really been gettting the oops message a lot.  I mean a whole lot.  Just thought I'd make you aware of it.  I kept hitting the refresh button on the computer and it finally let me in after about 6 tries.  I looked at the bottom and there was only 67 users on the forum, this included everyone.  Didn't know whether you were aware of this going on so much or not.  Thanks for all you do. 

• Like 1