SlowFISH

Spike It Lure Dyes - Work On Dark Plastic?

Hey all,

Searched for awhile and saw alot about Spike It soft bait lure dyes/dips/paints..... curious if anyone has used them on darker baits?  Most info I saw talked about adding color to white baits.  Curious to know if you can easily color tips/ends of a black craw to red or something in a green pumpkin to chartruse.... etc.  Logically seems like it's not very feasible just based on using lights to cover darks in painting but haven't used any of these products so figured I'd ask.

I know I can mold the baits with different colors, but was hopeful after seeing Frank's swimbait molding/painting video that I could mold a one color (dark) bait then accent it (dipping tips or airbrushing it) with a second/third color if desried instead of dealing with cooking two plastics and injecting/pouring them.

Thanks,

J.

Thanks... So I'd assume I'd dip in the paint white... dry, then dip the color...  may not be that big a deal for dipped things (worm tips, ends of craws, etc), for painting/airbrushing that would seem to eat a boat load of time that using two plastics may be a better option.

J.