Chase bait

Instructional

Hello all   I found this website yesterday and read alot of cool things. I have been making jigs and wanted to get into painting cranks. My question is wheres the best place to buy paint and what is a good instructional DVD. Thanks. Ps i have never painted before was going to go to hobby lobby and pick up an airbrush kit. thanks again.....  

Hi Chase..and welcome to the site.Amistad tackle has a good basic crank painting DVD.They have a banner here on the site that rotates in.You may also want to check our own members tutorial section...I believe there ars some segments down there aswell.And there is always UTube....Nathan

As far as paint goes it depends on what type of paint your going to use. A lot of us use water based paints such as Createx, Auto Air, Smith wildlife paints, etc. I think Hobby Lobby carries some Createx paints if you decide to go with water based. You can also order them online at places like Dixie Airbrush, TCP Global and Coast Airbrush as well as some of your arts and crafts stores. After you decide which type of paint your going to use just do an online search and you'll find lots of online retailers.

Good luck and welcome to TU.

Ben

i would definitly highly reccoend the eclipse hp-cs as well. Its my main brush i use. I have found its a great all purpose brush, with parts (needles/nozzles will be needed no matter what eventualy) readily available adn one you shouldnt outgrow no matter your skill level becomes.  Wit the 40% off coupon at hobby lobby it would be in your budget as well. Hobby lobby also has a good selection of createx and wicked paints available in most stores too, and online retailers like coastairbrush.com have basicly anything you can imagine too

good luck and welcome to the addiction - er i mean hobby

• Like 1