xtx

Shad Dot Stickers

Does anyone know where i can get shad dot stickers? Looking for 1/8, 3/16, 1/4 " sizes. Tired of painting them. Punched my own too, but i always get a booger on one side from it streching from the punch. Speed and ease is what i am after right now!

Thanks guys ! Ben.. they make them and sure beats painting them. The only thing i have not had time to try is a vacume formed stencel. The ones i had been using, i got from a deceased friend. Way faster then painting and if you put it in the wrong spot its a quick easy fix. Was thinking about contacting whichcraft tapes or the local vinyl lettering guy. I have looked on line, but all i found were 1/2 and larger circles. That would make a huge " kill" spot on a 2 1/2 bait !

Thanks

Tim

Look into leather hole punches. I'm pretty sure if it will cut a consistent whole in leather it will cut typical sticky back vinyl.

The type I'm thinking of are cylindrical chisels. A very sharp circular beveled edge like a wood chisel . Tap with a small hammer on a soft wood surface.

You could probably make your own using various sizes of metal tubing, only trouble I see with this is they would dull quickly compared to the hardened edge of the leather punch.

Another idea, go to your local sign shop. Ask them to do a vinyl cut letter sign of nothing but periods in the sizes you need. Tell them not to stick the vinyl cut to anything. You can peel those yourself. They can do this in almost any colour you can dream of. Not sure about your area but the shop I use for typical signage would do this for about 50 bucks for a sign size typical to what Real Estate agents use. I imagine you could squeeze several hundred if not thousands of period dots onto a sign that size.

Gegorge... ive tried the " sharpend tubing". It does dull rather quick and if you dont have it set perfectly flat, it gets the streched bugger on it. Also getting the dots out can be pita! Wish my friend was still around and could remember where he got them. I do know he said he had to order 5000 or more at a time to get them. Which is fine with me. They came on a roll about the size of what duct tape comes in.

Thanks

Tim

I went to my local sign shop and had them cut different sizes and different colors. The black ones I use as shad dots and the the center of my eyes. The colored ones I use for the base of my eyes. If you don't want to fool with "picking them out" just ask th e sign shop to weed them for you. It'll cost you a little more. I got a few thousand for under $20.

Gene

Thanks everone! Sign shop it is. I must say that im suprised that none of the lure making companys sells them. They are missing out on easy money...how many guys would buy them if the could get them on a 100 per card at say $3 ?

Tim