Brent R

Problems With The Site

7 posts in this topic

Brent R    42

I have had a hard time trying to load the site...Sometimes it won't load at all and sometimes it is real slow.

Not having the same problems  with other sites.....

Brent

RayburnGuy    1,338
Maybe if there were fewer ads.................

I think the ads are what allows everyone to enjoy free membership to TU. After all, somebody has got to pay the bills. I know Jerry is aware of the problem and have no doubt it will be taken care of as soon as possible. I have a feeling faster servers don't grow on trees.

Ben

Edited by RayburnGuy

defish    6
I think the ads are what allows everyone to enjoy free membership to TU. After all, somebody has got to pay the bills. I know Jerry is aware of the problem and have no doubt it will be taken care of as soon as possible. I have a feeling faster servers don't grow on trees.

Ben

I didn't mean my comment about "Maybe if there were fewer ads..." as a bash on the site or the administrators.  I appreciate the time and expense that it takes to keep TU running and understand that ads are necessary to support the site. 

A better worded comment would have been "Maybe if there were fewer animated ads."  The animated ads have to take a huge amount of the site's bandwidth, and are probably a constant source of script errors, conflicts, and headaches for the TU admin and countless other site operators.

Thanks for hosting a great site and I hope your head doesn't ache too much!

Defish