mrbass

Anyone Making A Mold Like Missle D Bomb?

To my knowledge there is no one currently making a mold that has the ringed body like on the D bomb so if that is something you really wanted you would have to ask for someone to make a custom mold for you. You could try to make a PoP mold of it but I highly doubt you would be able to get those concentric little rings to come out the way you'd want them to just because the PoP is going to push them together I stead of keeping them spread evenly apart. I wish someone would make a mold for something similar to the D bomb because that thing is a fish catching machine!

Is this it?  Seems cheap enough at 12.99 for a 25 pack on TW. 

MBDB-GPW-thumb.jpg

I've never used it, but I sure caught a lot of fish on the Venom Sweet Dreams at 21.64 for 50 count. 

8600_sweetdreams.jpg

I also made my own thin ribbed bait mold several years ago (more than three).  Its a huge pain to shoot with only about 90% good baits and 80% perfect baits even with vents on every single rib.  I have to shoot it with the plastic on the hot side to get nearly perfect baits, and then I have to top off a lot keep it full while it cools.  Amazingly it laminates pretty well. 

ABC.JPG

Actually I had not thought specifically of the seperator fins as a heat sink drawing heat away from the plastic before it fills the fins, but it makes perfect sense.  KInda irks me that I didn't think of it that way since I am so conscious about heat and how it affects fill and freeze in other aspects of the mold.  I wonder if that might be a good application for a silicone mold since silicone doesn't transfer heat like aluminum does... It would take a long time for the core of the body to cool, but it might be worth it if I got a better percentage of perfect baits... Sorry Mike.  You got me thinking there for a minute. 

Edited by Bob La Londe

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2013 at 10:30 PM, ipt said:

i dont see why you couldnt make a pop mold out of it, maybe ill pick some up tomorrow and give it a whirl.

what is so special about these baits? i watched the video and the action doesn't look too great tbh.

I think it is all hype.  Their are similar molds that will perform the same purpose: catching fish.

I made one, It does not hand shoot for crap. Those thin ribs really need the injection machine pressure, If your ok with air pockets in the ribs, then what is available may work for you.

The bait molds, does not look like the ribs are as deep as the oem dbomb to me in the pictures.

Edited by Baitjunkys
  • Like 1

On 1/22/2013 at 10:30 PM, ipt said:

i dont see why you couldnt make a pop mold out of it, maybe ill pick some up tomorrow and give it a whirl.

what is so special about these baits? i watched the video and the action doesn't look too great tbh.

I have no idea. I tried them and I was not a fan. Many better beaver bait options if you ask me.

I think it's a combination of how much water it moves, how much air it traps, and how soft it feels in the fish's mouth.

On 1/22/2013 at 7:30 PM, ipt said:

I would think the amount of machining involved to make all those rips would be Yuge.

I don't think I could make a mold out of pop because the fins are too thin and wavy to hold up to demolding.

1 hour ago, Cubbie said:

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that sells these D'Bomb molds in a larger capacity than 1? I looked on baitmolds and the only one I could find was making them 1 at a time. Any help would be appreciated.

Contact baitmolds and ask....  Pretty sure they will do multiple cavities of any of their baits.

• Like 1

I've fished the d bomb & they catch fish for sure. I fish two different beaver style baits that will hang with the d bomb  every time for me & that's the beaver style creature  mold from Curt at enforcer or the shz that delmart sold that lurecraft sells now. It may just be a confidence thing, but i'm an extreme stickler about the tails on this type bait because of how i fish them & when fishing them off of deep ledges& drops off of bluffs  i want a bait that gets a good vertical fall & these do it best for me. I absolutely love this type of bait. :yay:

Edited by Les Young
  • Like 1