NeWcS

What LC Mold Is Most Like A Senko?

At one time or another some of us bought the Lurecraft Senko/stick mold. Lurecraft's mold is a lot skinnier then what i think that youre looking for. Save your money and be happy with one of Del's molds. It is well worth the money, plus they will last forever. Dont be cheap!

To answer your original question, you can find the 4 and 5 inchers on page 11 of the new catalog; stock numbers 5X660 and 5X670. The 4's are quite a bit fatter than the 5's. Like Kicker said, they are pretty thin - like a Slim Senko. Lure Craft has also added a 3 and 7 inch Senko replica. You can find them on page 10 under "New Molds"; stock numbers 5X768 and 5X776. I haven't seen the new ones, but I hear they are a fatter version....more like the original Senko.

Hope this helps :)

Chris

here's a pic of some stick baits I made from a plaster mold. one is with the flat spot up so you can see it the other is with the round side up. I also made a one peice mold of a 3" senko copy with a plastic cup. what i did was after i filled the cup with plaster I used a finishing nail through popcicle stick, I then put my lure on the nail so it was hanging straight down.Then I lowered my bait into the plaster. and the popcile stick rest's across the top of the cup. remove bait when plaster is dry seal the plaster and pour da dadaaaa a 3" senko[/img]

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

senkos.jpg

675_thumb.attach

K&M's sticks look nice. Problem with teh LC molds is not so much the flat side, but rather the general lack of similarity in size and shape. They make some very nice molds, the stick molds just do not happen to be in that class.

Best by far is the Del-Mart mold, hear good things about the mold from Bob's...runs about 1/2 the $$$ or so. Next would be a home made...have fun.